Online Intensives & Books
Session 1: Allegations of Inappropriate Behaviour by Staff Members or Contractors. Session 2: Family Law Issues and The School’s Role. Session3: Data Breaches and the Impact on Your School.
Allegations of Inappropriate Behaviour by Staff Members or Contractors
Responsibilities and options when notified that a staff member or contractor/s has acted inappropriately towards a child in your care:
- Questions to ask and information required
- Staff personal liability vs school liability
- Legal responsibilities towards child/ren and staff member/contractor.
- Options for conducting investigation
- External vs internal investigator
Presented by: Fiona Knowles, Barrister, Victorian Bar
Family Law Issues and The School’s Role
Responsibilities and risks in interpreting and complying with various Court requirements. This session will discuss:
- Parenting Orders, Parenting plans
- Intervention Orders
- Complying with Subpoenas
- Student and parent privacy
Presented by: Jason Walker, Partner, Gadens and Louise Dorian, Special Counsel, Gadens
Data Breaches and the Impact on Your School
The Mandatory Data Breach laws impose legal responsibility on organisations, including schools, to protect student and staff personal data and information. Breaches can have serious consequences. Recent high profile examples show the adverse impact a breach can have on the reputation of a teaching organisation.
This session will outline:
- What is the data breach regime
- How does it apply to schools
- What data must be protected
- What to do if a breach occurs and your legal reporting obligations
Presented by: Dudley Kneller, Partner, Gadens
What is included:
Videos of the presentation in mp4 format.
Paper materials in pdf format.3.0$265.00