Online Intensives & Books
This comprehensive and practical book will assist experienced and inexperienced practitioners alike with their appearances before courts and tribunals. The text reflects Max Perry’s considerable practical experience, both as an advocate and as a teacher of advocacy skills and is succinct and easy to read.
Key topics include:
- Tips on preparing and presenting evidence
- Techniques to use in court, such as how to avoid leading questions and how to proceed with cross examination and re-examination
- Pleas in mitigation of sentence
- Appellate and review considerations
Revised in 2006, this is an excellent guide on the fundamentals of ethics and etiquette for advocates practising under the adversary system, particularly in the Australian context. Topics include duties to the court and client, duties of representation and of advocates to each other, rules of etiquette, forms of address, citing authorities in court, attendance on judges, and conduct in court.$60.00LIMITED STOCK!!!
The Probate Practice Manual has been updated by one of its authors, John V Kaufman QC. This brings the book up to date with the law as at 30 April 2016. It is a concise, well-structured and user-friendly manual for Victorian legal practitioners and it covers a broad range of topics and includes relevant precedents at the end of each chapter. As stated by one reviewer, ‘the authors have combined their respective talents and their wealth of experience in these areas’ to produce a ‘good mix of law and practice’.$75.00Limited numbers only so be quick
Latest release now available!
This completely revised and updated edition of The Essential Guide to Will-making (law updated to 1 April 2014) is a practical and valuable resource for legal practitioners of all levels of experience. It contains:
- complete will precedents, including clauses to resolve unusual or difficult situations
- sample court documents including draft orders and supporting affidavits
- succinct discussion of relevant case law and legal principles
- clear explanations of the relevant legislation
- complete text of the Wills Act 1997 (Vic)