|Start time||26 Mar 2020 9:00am (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||26 Mar 2020 3:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne|
|Speaker||Lachlan McColl, Director, Value ADE|
|Catering||Includes morning tea, lunch & refreshments|
|Designed for||Legal practitioners|
Practice Management & Business Skills: 5.5
Understanding Financial Statements (Mar 2020)
Offered in conjunction with Kaplan Professional, this one-day workshop covers the principles involved in understanding and constructing financial statements and works through a practical case study on financial accounts.
Learning outcomes include:
- Build confidence in reading and interpreting financial information.
- Explain the underpinning accounting principles & assumptions.
- Explore the purpose and development of a general purpose financial report.
- Examine the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement & changes in shareholder equity.
- Explain how the information contained in the four main financial statements are analysed and interpreted.
- Non-financial performance indicators.
Topics covered are:
- Financial reports – accounting principles generally, financial statements and users of financial statements, income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Putting it into practice – case study, account standards, tax versus accounting profits, asset measurement and valuation methods.
Presented by: Lachlan McColl, Director, Value ADE
Please note that no refunds or transfers are available for this program.