|Start time||1 Feb 2021 9:00am (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||1 Feb 2021 3:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||David McKenzie, Accredited Specialist and Lawyer, LMG Lawyers|
|Designed for||Legal Practitioners|
Substantive Law: 5.5
Subdivisions - A practical 'how to' (Feb 2021)
New Year’s Sale 15% Off Price – $527.00
Essential workshops are for lawyers new to or wanting to update knowledge in a particular practice area. Workshops are interactive, practical and aim to cover the essential skills, knowledge and give confidence to practise in that area.
This practical workshop covers the practical and legal issues surrounding subdivisions. Following completion of the workshop, attendees should be able to interpret a plan of subdivision, understand historical types of subdivisions and understand obligations and the powers of an Owners Corporation. Further, attendees should be able to understand Contracts of Sale and Vendor’s Statements for lots affected by an Owners Corporation, understand the requirements and compliance for pre-selling and gain an understanding of the preliminary advice to be given to a purchaser and vendor in a pre-selling situation.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
• the subdivision process
• lodging plans
• growth area infrastructure contribution
• other types of subdivisions
• owners corporation subdivisions
• pre selling
• contracts of sale
• stamp duty
• GST issues
Presented by: David McKenzie, Accredited Specialist and Lawyer, LMG Lawyers
In light of the recent COVID-19 updates and associated restrictions; Leo Cussen Centre for Law considers that it is in the best interests of all stakeholders for all upcoming Workshops to be held remotely.
What this means:
- Workshops will be held on the same date, at the same time as originally scheduled, in an online live-stream format for the foreseeable future;
- Leo Cussen has successfully hosted workshops, seminars and conferences remotely including interactive sessions and we hope you enjoy attending the program from the convenience of your own environment.