|Start time||19 Oct 2021 12:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||19 Oct 2021 1:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||Jeremy Zimet, Principal Lawyer, Phi Finney McDonald|
|Designed for||Legal Practioners|
Substantive Law: 1.0
Security for Costs – How to Obtain and Resist Applications for Security for Costs
20% off all October one hour seminars - Regular Price $155
The seminar will cover the main factors courts consider when deciding whether to grant an application for security for costs.
This session will cover:
- What is a security for costs application?
- When can you apply for security for costs and the implications of delay?
- The court’s discretion and view;
- Bringing an application for security for costs;
- Grounds where a security for costs application may be resisted;
- Cases of significance and recent cases discussed.
Presented by: Jeremy Zimet, Principal Lawyer, Phi Finney McDonald