|Speaker||Mark McKillop, Barrister, Victorian Bar|
|Date||23 Jun 2020|
Substantive Law: 1.0
PPSA and COVID-19 – Time to act now!
We are yet to see the full effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, however it is likely that the coming months will see an increase in business collapse and corporate insolvency.
Therefore it is crucial to ensure securities are registered correctly and are compliant with the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA) (Cth) (PPSA) on the Personal Properties Security register.
This session will provide a PPSA update regarding the impact of COVID-19 and will cover:
- Reviewing your existing PPSR registrations and hire documents;
- A review of the time limits imposed under s588FL of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Seeking an extension of time to register – What must be satisfied under s588FM (including a discussion of relevant cases);
- Moratorium on insolvency applications and registering on the PPSR.
Presented by: Mark McKillop, Barrister, Victorian Bar
What is included:
* This Webcast does not allow WA practitioners to claim CPD points