|Start time||10 Dec 2020 9:00am (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||11 Dec 2020 3:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||Bradley Wright, Barrister, Victorian Bar|
|Designed for||Legal practitioners|
Professional Skills: 2.0
Substantive Law: 9.0
Litigation - A practical guide to operating in the Victorian Courts (Dec 2020)
Super Sale Week Price 20% off: $604.00 (incl GST) – ends 7 December
This practical two day workshop provides an overview of the major jurisdictions with a particular focus on Magistrates', County, Supreme Courts with reference to Federal Court and VCAT.
The program includes:
- Pre-litigation correspondence
- Without prejudice communications
- Offers of compromise
- Deciding jurisdiction
- Service of documents
- Initiating proceedings
- Preparing complaints
- Statements of claim
- Undefended actions
- Applications for orders and summary judgement
- Affidavits in support
- Defended actions and defences
- Directions hearings
- Set off
- Expert evidence
- Witness statements
- Setting down for hearing/trial
- Risk management
- GST related issues
Note: This workshop runs for 2 days.
Presented By Bradley Wright, Barrister, Victorian Bar
Essentials are workshops for lawyers new to, or wanting to update knowledge in, particular skills or practice areas. These workshops aim to cover the 'essentials'.
In light of the recent COVID-19 updates and associated restrictions; Leo Cussen Centre for Law considers that it is in the best interests of all stakeholders for all upcoming Workshops to be held remotely.
What this means:
- Workshops will be held on the same date, at the same time as originally scheduled, in an online live-stream format for the foreseeable future;
- Leo Cussen has successfully hosted workshops, seminars and conferences remotely including interactive sessions and we hope you enjoy attending the program from the convenience of your own environment.