|Speaker||Caitlin James, Associate, Maddocks|
|Date||9 Apr 2020|
Substantive Law: 1.0
Impact and Issues of COVID-19 on Freedom of Information
This one hour CPD seminar is designed to help you identify and guide you through the essential issues to focus on and how to manage your clients and risks.
During this session a leading practitioner will focus on the major issues including:
- Agencies may now face a number of additional practicable challenges when administering the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) (FOI Act) in light of the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation.
- With many agencies making the move to working remotely, some particular challenges in the current climate might be:
- searching for both hard copy and electronic documents
- assisting and engaging with FOI applicants under section 17 of the FOI Act; and/or
- a reduced processing capability.
- Despite this unprecedented time, agencies’ obligations under the FOI Act and Freedom of Information Professional Standards remain.
- This presentation will cover some of the likely impacts and issues of COVID-19 on Freedom of Information and will also provide tips on how to navigate these challenges.
Presented by: Caitlin James, Associate, Maddocks
What is included: