|Start time||31 Mar 2021 11:40am (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||31 Mar 2021 12:40pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||Emma Poole, Barrister, Victorian Bar|
|Designed for||Legal practitioners|
Substantive Law: 1.0
Force Majeure Clause – Lessons learnt over the past 12 months
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen contracting parties experiencing performance related issues due to unprecedented business closures, travel restrictions, quarantine and isolation restrictions. As a result, many contracts could not be fulfilled in the way they were intended forcing parties to vary their contracts and deal with issues such as frustration and force majeure clauses.
This session will discuss the following:
- Force majeure provisions;
- Checking your force majeure clauses;
- Drafting Tips - Sample force majeure clauses;
- Contracts specifically impacted by Covid-19;
- Contract Negotiation Tips during COVID-19;
- Case update – Lessons learnt during COVID 19.
Presented by: Emma Poole, Barrister, Victorian Bar