|Start time||27 Oct 2021 1:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||27 Oct 2021 2:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||See Full Program|
|Designed for||Legal Practioners|
Substantive Law: 1.0
Family Law – Bankruptcy and the impact on Assets
Dealing with a negative asset pool can be a difficult task for legal practitioners to navigate. However, if one party to the relationship faces insolvency, then navigating the complexities of bankruptcy can be challenging for the most senior practitioners.
Hear from a leading practitioner discuss important issues, including:
- The immediate steps to take when either party to a family law dispute is faced with potential bankruptcy proceedings;
- Steps your client can take to protect assets in reach of creditors or the trustee in bankruptcy;
- How best to deal with trustee in bankruptcy;
- The relationship between a trustee in bankruptcy and family law court proceedings; and
- The impact on negotiation or litigation when one party can no longer proceed.
This is a must attend session for all family law practitioners!