|Start time||21 Jul 2020 9:00am (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||21 Jul 2020 4:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne|
|Speaker||Allan Swan, Director - Estate Planning EQUATION – Preventative Law|
|Catering||Includes morning tea, lunch & refreshments|
|Designed for||Legal practitioners|
Practice Management & Business Skills: 1.0
Professional Skills: 1.0
Substantive Law: 4.0
Estate Planning - The A-Z (Jul 2020)
This workshop provides an essential overview of Estate Planning from initial consideration of options, through to executors responsibilities, death benefits trusts and more. Gain confidence to be able to operate more effectively in this complex area.
Topics covered are:
- Ownership - 4 key types
- Key planning issues
- Superannuation death benefits
- Drafting exercise - binding death benefit nomination
- Estate planning and existing family/hybrid trusts
- Key attributes for wills and testamentary trusts
- Drafting exercise - beneficiary controlled testamentary trust
- Vulnerable beneficiaries
- Means tested pension eligibility - operation of deeming rules
- Income tax concessions
- Capital gains tax
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Philanthropic or charitable trusts
- Executors' responsibilities
- Insurance death benefits trusts
- After the event estate planning
Essentials are workshops for lawyers new to, or wanting to update knowledge in, particular skills or practice areas. These workshops aim to cover the 'essentials'.
At Leo Cussen, your safety is paramount. Our practical Workshops are hosted on-site in small groups with limited numbers whilst adhering to strict safe social distancing measures in all areas. Leo Cussen undertakes regular enhanced cleaning of all areas of our premises. Hand sanitiser, contactless registration, soft copy materials, individual catering packs and trained staff all assist in ensuring you can enjoy your on-site experience at Leo Cussen Centre for Law.
*Disposable masks will also be available if government guidelines require.