|Speaker||Craig Macaulay, Data Scientist, Phi Finney McDonald|
|Date||3 Mar 2020|
Practice Management & Business Skills: 1.0
Document Retention, Destruction and your Client’s Legal Obligations
Your client must abide by various and sometimes competing legislative regimes which govern:
- How and when certain documents may be destroyed;
- Provide that some must be retained for longer (if not indefinitely);
- Others are to be de-identified if they are retained; and
- The transition from hard copy to e-copy documents.
Reconciling and / or applying these sometimes confusing laws can be a challenge and non-compliance can have serious consequences for your client.
This session will cover:
- Relevant legislation including Crimes Act, Evidence Act, Electronic Transactions Act, Privacy Act, Corporations Act and ITA Act; and
- Electronic documents and document retention policies
Presented by: Craig Macaulay, Data Scientist, Phi Finney McDonald
Kate Vanrenen, Lawyer, Phi Finney McDonald
What is included: