|Start time||25 Jun 2019 1:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||25 Jun 2019 2:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne|
|Speaker||Dr. Peter Condliffe, Barrister, Victorian Bar|
|Designed for||Legal practitioners|
Complex Negotiation With Multiple Parties
Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne
Negotiation is not always a process or proceeding involving just two opposing parties. It can often involve multiple parties including crossing over jurisdictions and as a result, multiple legal practitioners. Negotiation between multiple parties requires care, skill and due diligence.
If legal proceedings are issued, this can also add multiple legal counsel into the matter, adding cost, time and complexity.
In this seminar an experienced presenter will provide guidance on how to deal with complex negotiations with multiple parties.
The seminar will address issues including:
- Main factors to take into account when dealing with multiple parties;
- How and when to change strategy if you anticipate further parties to join proceedings;
- When to act when your client wants / needs to join another party to proceedings;
- Psychological factors at play
- Best way to act when you are in the weakest and or strongest position in proceedings
- Cross jurisdictional factors that can add to the complexity
Don’t miss this important seminar.
Presented by: Dr. Peter Condliffe, Barrister, Victorian Bar
Professional Skills: 1.0