|Speaker||Jamie Bedelis, Principal, Accredited Specialist Commercial Tenancy Law, Bedelis Lawyers|
|Date||28 May 2021|
Substantive Law: 2.0
Commercial Leases Update – Ceasing of Emergency Protections
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Victorian Government’s Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme provided temporary relief to commercial tenants from their rental and trading obligations. The scheme ended on 28 March 2021.
This session will discuss:
- Changes under the Retail Leases Amendment Act 2020;
- VSBC Mediation – is it binding?
- Guidance on how to negotiate in good faith, the minimum standards and reaching a fair agreement;
- Negotiating and drafting new leases including extensions and deferred payment conditions;
- Enforcement and recovery of deferred payments, rent and eviction grounds; and
- Protections still available and rent relief conditions still applicable for tenants.
Presented by: Jamie Bedelis, Principal, Accredited Specialist Commercial Tenancy Law, Bedelis Lawyers
What is included:
* This Webcast does not allow WA practitioners to claim CPD points