|Start time||29 Sep 2021 4:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|End time||29 Sep 2021 5:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)|
|Location||Live Stream Only|
|Speaker||Kaitlyn Gulle, Partner, Lander & Rogers|
|Designed for||Legal Practitioners|
Substantive Law: 1.0
Alert! Wage Theft and Powers of the Wage Inspectorate Victoria
After high profile cases of wage theft filled media in the last few years, the Wage Theft Act 2020 finally came into effect on 1 July 2021. The Act means that employers who deliberately and dishonestly underpay their employees can face criminal penalties.
This seminar will outline:
- What are the penalties under the Act and who is held responsible – the difference for individuals vs companies;
- How employer clients can ensure they are compliant under the Act;
- How employer clients should manage employee underpayment claims;
- What are the powers of the Wage Inspectorate Victoria;
- How to prepare for an investigation if the Inspectorate or Fair Work a calls.
This is an important update for Employment Lawyers and In-House Counsel.
Presented by: Kaitlyn Gulle, Partner, Lander & Rogers
Jessica Miral, Lawyer, Lander & Rogers