Monday, 16 March 202016 Mar 2020 9:00am - 16 Mar 2020 4:00pm (Australia - Melbourne)
Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne
At the completion of this workshop, you should be able to understand and explain to a client:
- The basic characteristics of a trust.
- The range of trusts available.
- The similarities, differences between some of the desirable attributes of a family trust and other types of trust.
- The different types of family and other types of trusts and when the different types might be used.
- Maintaining a trust (including documenting decisions taken at meetings, over-viewing the various accounting requirements and satisfying the requirements under the Corporations Law); amending a Family Trust Deed.
- Termination of a trust.
- The key aspects of the Income Tax Assessment Act as it relates to income and capital gains of Trusts.