Friday, 25 October 201925 Oct 2019 9:00am - 25 Oct 2019 4:30pm (Australia - Melbourne)
Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Level 16, 15 William Street, Melbourne
Early bird price available until Friday 27 September: $695 (incl. GST)
Full Price: $750 (incl. GST)
Case Update and Litigation Trends
This session will cover significant recent cases covering issues including:
- TPD Claims;
- Income Protection Claims;
- Death Benefit Claims;
- Notional Estate Claims;
- Class actions.
Presented by: Hayriye Uluca, Senior Associate, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
New Developments in Superannuation Law
- This session will examine the impact of changes brought in by the Federal Government Protecting Your Super Package Act on 1 July 2019;
- Treasury Laws Amendment (2018 Superannuation Measure No 1) Bill 2018 - Proposed Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty;
- ASIC Update - Lifting Standards and Transparency of Complaints Handling;
- ATO Update - Superannuation and Leave Loading.
- Prudential Standard 234 Information Security in force 1 July 2019 - Implementing the ‘New Standard’;
- Update on IOOF v APRA.
Advertising, Forecasting, Disclosure, Inducements
Crossing the line into Misleading and Deceptive Conduct. This session will address the risks and consequences when Funds cross the line.
Hot Topics - Hear from a Panel!
- Elder and Family Financial Abuse - Use of Instruments including Powers of Attorney and unauthorised access to superannuation funds;
- Conflict of Duty - Acting in the best interests of members and stakeholders;
- Trustee Duties and Discretions / Reasons;
- Productivity Commission Inquiry Report -Superannuation: Assessing Efficiency and Competitiveness.
Presented by: Paul Faure, Partner, Holding Redlich
Trustee Responsibilities and Overpayments
This session will discuss:
6.0$695.00Early Bird Price Available - Expires 27 September2019!
- Recovery of overpayments on claims;
- Can professional indemnity insurance apply;
- Settlement of claims;
- Defences to claims.